Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Little Cottage

On Saturday my family and I drove through many a traffic jam to go and visit The Little Cottage in Lymington. The Little Cottage is my (paternal) grandparents' house. The three most important things I can say about The Lovely Little Cottage:

1. My grandparents love cats.

2. They have an open garden. Here's a review I found online: Garden of unique and artistic design using unusual and interesting plants arranged to form pictures with arches, arbours and urns in secret rooms. Each room is hidden from the next and contrasts sharply in style and colour to stimulate, calm, excite or amaze, including an outrageous black and white garden.

3. And they love cats.

Combine all that with an addiction to my birthday camera and we get an over-zealous collection of photos documenting the flora and fauna of The Little Cottage. (A little aside: it was a bit late in the season for the garden so this is a slightly more subdued, less refined version. It was also, of course, a bit of a grey day!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Blue and Yellow Garden

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I'll do more than one post...to break it up. Maybe that way it won't be so noticeable that I took, um, a gabillion photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment