Saturday 12 September 2009

It's been a meaty week

And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I dabbled in vegetarianism for a year or so (before my move to Paris where the French scared it out of me), but my beau is a keen devourer of meat and he has slowly, but surely re-conditioned my tastes. That being said, I am on the verge of becoming a poor and lowly intern in Brussels so I'm looking forward to exploring ways to cut down on meat again (and costs) with the help of this amazing lady.

So, back to my week in meatdom. I even went to the butcher's like a proper grownup but I think my cover was blown when I asked for enough ribs to feed three and a half people.

Somehow this has become quite a bit more lengthy and enthused than planned. I swear I just got excited about the deliciousness of dinner and fancied posting the snap-happy results.

Pam Anderson's Oven Ribs, from The Pioneer Woman

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ribeye steak and Onion Blue Cheese Sauce, also from The Pioneer Woman

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the much less meaty (but not much healthier) accompaniment - caesar salad with homemade dressing and gluten-free garlic croutons:

Photobucket

This house seems to have a neat way of balancing itself out these days. I partly wanted to post the man(/wolf!?) food because of the ridiculously girly Marie Antoinette (a less classy Queen Marie anyway) cakes of the other day.
An opportunity to make up for our carnivorous adventures was presented yesterday. My mum was enlisted by a friend to cook three vegetarian curries for a birthday party. I, in turn, was then enlisted. It was quite the operation so there aren't any impressive photos, but I reckon the finished products were pretty awesome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This has stretched out far enough. Next: cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment