Tuesday 16 June 2009

I Lovefilm


The Wackness ohhhhhh MAN The Wackness - this was as good as I'd hoped and so much more. I really think Dr Jeffrey Squires MD is one of my favourite characters of all time


Colin Farrell really surprised me. From the hilarious trailer I'd guessed he was going to be making me laugh...but making me cry? That I was not ready for. I think I need to watch it again, there was more going on than I had anticipated.

I think I liked Babel, but I'm not so sure. I'm sure I was supposed to like it anyway.

About three quarters of the way through I just remember thinking "so basically, Americans + foreigners = life-threatening situation for American?", which, to be fair, probably isn't what the film is saying at all.

Considering Iñárritu's previous films, this stank. I blame Amores Perros for getting me excited about Babel.

Overall, this was completely underwhelming (okay, except for Adriana Barraza and Rinko Kikuchi's parts) and actually left me feeling quite annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment