Wednesday 5 August 2009

James Jowers

I don't really know anything about this guy, but I came across a photostream of his on the Flickr commons and found his work quite intriguing. He seems to have spent the mid to late sixties documenting the streetscapes and inhabitants of New York.

Besides the strength of these photos by themselves, after some browsing I realised why I liked the theme so much - Jowers reminds me of Berenice Abbott, the photographer behind Changing New York, a collection of photos of 1930's New York architecture.

So, James Jowers!:

L. E. side, 1967

St. Mark's Place, 1968

Woman and Window Display, 1968

E. River, 1968

Coney Is., 1966

St. Marks Pl., 1968

Tompkins Sq. Park, 1967


P.S. Read these:



P.P.S. And then take a look at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment