Saturday 2 May 2009

Rome, Italy




Dresses the colour of marble, draped and pleated...always with Madame Grès in mind:





Taking the toga as inspiration is hardly inventive, but I've been looking for an excuse to post something from Alix Grès.

For more contemporary inspiration I always find myself thinking of Prada circa 2004 (the origin of my weakness for dip/tie-dye stems) or 2005. Seeing these collections again after so long has made me realise what an impression they had on me back when they were released:









2005's collection somehow looks more outdated than its predecessor. Still..a few photos:






More Prada...2005 and 2006 (posted mostly due to the feature of some kittehs) campaigns by Steven Meisel:








And finally, to make up for turning a post titled "Rome" into a Prada-fest, some token gladiator(ish) sandals. When in Rome... (Oh man, pinch me. Did I really just write that?)


They are from Surface to Air. Swoonswoonswoon zoopzoop!

Oh, but I did manage to avoid any mention of Audrey Hepburn or Gregory Peck! *pats self on back*......*looks around sheepishly having just patted own self on back*......

No comments:

Post a Comment